Saturday, June 30, 2007

I'm on some kind of a roll.

This is my third post from Colorado, which by its very existence is probably tearing a whole in the fabric of the internet or space-time or something, which is to say that I'm terribly about blogging on the regular. Yesterday was a relatively easy day and thus a welcome change from the ascent to Trail Ridge. At about 25 miles we reached Hot Sulphur Springs, and a couple hours, $12.50 each (group rate, natch) and up to 112 degrees of spring water later, we all felt a lot better despite the fact that we reeked like hardboiled eggs. I stopped off for lunch with Elizabeth and Kristen, our incredibly patient sweeps for the day, and about three miles into the second leg of the day deeply regretted devouring that catfish sandwich. We spent the night in Kremmling, camping on a high school's football field with over a thousand riders from the Bike Tour of Colorado. Being pretty much self-contained in our group of twenty-seven for the past month and change, I think everyone was a little shocked to be around so many other people all at once.

I just got word that the van is here, so I'm going to have to cut this short to go unload the trailer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.